Though I don’t really share recipes anymore, I had to re-post The Beau’s World Famous Guacamole recipe. I’m seriously grateful he doesn’t keep this recipe a secret–and even more grateful he’s letting me share it again, with all of you AND just in time for Cinco de Mayo. Seriously. I recommend you run out now and buy up all the avocados for this healthful version of guacamole.
Despite that I tend to do most of the cooking, The Beau is a wonderful chef. Along with his famous breakfast omelets and breakfast tacos, he makes the best guacamole. The Beau is rather modest and always raves about the guacamole from Whole Foods. But to be honest, his is way better so I’m thrilled to share his secret recipe with you today!
You may notice some of his measurements are rather vague. The Beau often varies his recipe depending upon his mood. Sometimes he adds extra cilantro, sometimes extra lime juice. It’s best to combine all the ingredients as detailed below, then change it to your own taste. Perhaps by adding extra sea salt or more jalapeño!
- 4 avocados
- 2-3 Roma tomatoes
- 1 medium jalapeño
- 1/2 purple onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 handful fresh cilantro,
- 1-2 limes, juice from
- sea salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Start by chopping the avocados, tomatoes, jalapeño, onion, garlic cloves and cilantro.
- Do not chop too finely as the guacamole is best with larger chunks of ingredients.
- Combine all the chopped ingredients in a large bowl, carefully mashing up some of the avocado. Add the lime juice and sprinkle with a little sea salt and black pepper.