I’m quite certain that most girls grow up either loving or hating pantyhose. For some it is a sign of maturity, adulthood and of becoming a lady. For others it serves as a prison sentence. Much to the chagrin of young ladies everywhere, pantyhose and stockings are still very much an element of today’s fashion and are something to be embraced, not scorned. Thankfully for pantyhose, role models such as Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, are helping restore the reputation of stockings.
When to wear:
There is no wrong “time” to wear pantyhose, but there is the wrong time not to wear them.
- Funerals and memorials
- Formal occasions such as weddings or black-tie gala events
- Winter cocktail parties
- Job interviews and conservative offices
- In the winter when you might choose something warmer such as thicker stocking or tights.
- When wearing pants, though I recommend knee high stockings for dress slacks and heels.
How to wear:
- Only wear nude or black shades of stockings.
- Choose a nude color that matches your skin color.
- Coordinate them with your shoes. If wearing black heels for an evening outfit, choose a black pantyhose. Choose a nude color for daytime.
- Do not wear with open toe shoes.