Last week The Beau and I attended the Cherry Blossom Ball, here in DC. Looking around at all the beautiful ball gowns and black-tie tuxedos, I couldn’t help but be inspired to share some reminders for the ladies on appropriate formal wear. Most black-tie questions tend to be around appropriate suits for the men–but what about us ladies?! If there is one tip I can share it’s that just because a dress is available and labeled as formal, does not mean it’s appropriate for all formal occasions. Listen to today’s episode of The Clean & Proper Podcast and you’ll see what I mean!
In this particular episode, you will learn:
- How to appropriately balance those plunging necklines, skimpy dresses or platform heels.
- What is the appropriate formal gown for a military ball or embassy event?
- When can you get away with a formal gown that is less formal?
- Is it ok to wear cutout dresses if still floor-length?
- Do cocktail dresses have to be knee-length?
- The Ultimate Dress Code Guide for any Occasion
- How to Know Which Shoe Style to Wear
- Dressing for Military Ball Events